The State Management Unit - Rural Housing (SMU-RH) was established in 2016, under Government Resolution No. 2015 / Q.No.413 / Yojana-10 dated 16th February, 2016 Under Rural Development Department, Government of Maharashtra, for the effective implementation and promote the housing scheme of Central and State Government in Maharashtra. SMU – RH facilitates and Implements the Schemes of various department like Rural Development Department, Social Justice, Vimukta Jatis, Nomadic Tribes and Special Backward Classes Welfare, Industries and Mining and Tribal Department, below are the schemes promoted by SMU-RH
- Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojna - Grameen (Central Government Scheme, Government of India)
- Ramai Awas Yojana (Social Justice Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Shabari Awas Yojana (Tribal Development Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Pardhi Awas Yojana (Tribal Development Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Adim Vikas Yojana (Tribal Development Department, Government of Maharashtra
- Yashwantrao Chavan Mukta Vasahat Yojana (Vimukta Jatis, Nomadic Tribes and Special Backward Classes Welfare, Labour Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Atal Bandhakam Kamgar Awas Yojana - Grameen (Industries, Enery & Social Wefare Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Pandit Dindayal Land Purchase Yojna(PDU) (Rural Development Department, Government of Maharashtra)
- Encroachment Regulations (Rural Development Department, Government of Maharashtra)
SMURH adheres to provide “Housing for all by the year 2022”
Role of SMU-RH
1. Monitoring and Evaluation - The State Management Unit-Rural Housing Office evaluates and evaluates the work done at the divisional, District, Taluka and village level by conducting review meetings.
2. Coordination - For effective implementation of State Management Unit-Rural Housing Office Scheme as well as other departments e.g. Coordinates with the Regional Offices of the Department of Social Justice, Tribal Affairs and Housing regarding the implementation of the program and with the Central Government on issues related to implementation.
3. Capacity Building - For capacity building, the State Management Unit organizes related workshops, training sessions in various areas of rural housing.
4. Information Education and Communication - Various activities are implemented for information, education and communication related to rural housing sector. E.g. conducts various fairs, campaigns, television as well as interviews on private television channels, advertisements in newspapers etc.
5. Giving policy input related to rural housing sector to the Central and State Governments - Various proposals are submitted by the State Management Cell to study the problems encountered in the context of rural housing scheme and to make strategic decisions for more efficient implementation of the scheme. E.g. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Gharkul land purchase financial assistance scheme
Thus, the State Management Unit - Rural Housing is fulfilling its role with the active cooperation of the State, Divisional, District, Taluka, Cluster and village level regional bodies.